EDWARD PETTYJOHN, MD
Baptist Orthopedic & Spine Clinic
5430 Fredericksburg Rd., Suite 400, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Fellowship: Spine Surgery – New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Internship & Residency: Orthopedic Surgery – Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
ABOUT THE PROVIDER
Dr. Edward Pettyjohn is an orthopedic surgeon at the Baptist Orthopedic and Spine Clinic, where he specializes in general orthopedic surgery and spinal surgery and all medical conditions related to the spine. He welcomes everyone in the South Texas area who are struggling with orthopedic or spinal pain.
After graduating from Harvard University, Dr. Pettyjohn earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. He completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey and served as chief resident from 2017 to 2018. Dr. Pettyjohn then went on to complete a subspecialty orthopedic spine fellowship in Boston, Massachusetts at New England Baptist Hospital.
Dr. Pettyjohn served as a clinical instructor of orthopedic surgery at Tufts University from 2018 to 2019 in Boston and was active in the instruction of medical students and orthopedic surgery residents.
He has been involved in both local and national meetings as a presenter and has delivered many podium/poster presentations.
Dr. Pettyjohn is excited to serve the south Texas and San Antonio community!
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society